My Pets

My Pets
TIME TO RELAX !

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 4 - July 8, 2010

We worked on our group assignment today of using the ipod touch as a means of commuication for the student in the case study. This type of project is very beneficial as it is "hands on" practice with using the ipod touch. In developing the categories and phrases, we were forced to really think about how well we needed to know the student in order to make this communication device as functional for the student as possible.
Thus far, the AT devices that we have viewed and in particular, the ipod touch, appears to have great potential for certain students and I will be advocating, on behalf of the students, to my Newfoundland School Board to provide more in the way of AT for our students.
I thoroughly enjoyed the group work as it gives us the opportunity to share and learn from each other as we often expect of students within our classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment