My Pets

My Pets
TIME TO RELAX !

Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 5 - July 9, 2010

What an enjoyable class!! So much learning and, at the same time, the learning was so much fun! Our small group (Janice, Carl, and myself) finished our section of the assignment which was developing communication for the "home" needs of the grade 6 student in the case study. We really had to work at putting ourselves in the shoes of this grade 6 student in order to get some idea of what his wants and needs would be and the type of language that he would be using to communicate. Another task that proved to be a little difficult and required lots of discussion was prioritizing what the student would need/want to do with limitations of only using the three layers. However, teamwork prevailed, and I feel the end product was evidence of how well we worked together as a team. Great job, partners!
The actual use of the ipod touch and touch pad was very beneficial as it gave up first hand experience and I feel there is no better way to learn something than by doing it. I found the APPS that are available through the itunes almost too good to be true. I can't wait to play around with this at my leisure to see what I can use with students that I know I will be working with in September. The possibilities are endless. I will have lots to share when I return to my school.
Finally, I would like to comment on the class as a whole. I found that during the past two days, members of the class appear to be more cohesive in that there is more discussions, sharing, and asking each other questions. I think this is due to a combination of being together for a few days but more importantly, the group activity. Had a very enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment